Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cheese Puff "Carrots"




Here is my favorite Easter craft! I borrowed this idea from a friend of mine a few years ago and I have been using it ever since!

Supplies:
Disposable, plastic pastry bags
cheese puffs
curling ribbon
gift tags (optional)

Fill pastry bags 3/4 of the way full with cheese puffs (or anything orange). Tie with curling ribbon. Attach tag. Give to some very happy children! What can be better than a cheeto carrot?!

Instructions for tags:
The tags were cut using my Cricut Expression and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. Here are the specifics:

Tag - 3 inches
Flower - 1 1/2 inches on shadow
Using auto-fill on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock, it makes 10 tags per sheet and 24 flowers per sheet. I just used plain colored cardstock that I got from Walmart.

Face stamp on the flower is from Peachy Keen Stamps - Basic Paper Doll Assortment and I used the 3/4 inch stamp in various expressions.

The {HUGS} stamp is from My Pink Stamper - Simply Sweet Occasions.

I did not get very fancy with the tags or with tying the ribbon. Let's face it - these are for 4 and 5 year olds at my boys' school and all the kids care about are getting into the bag for the cheetos. They will not be looking at the tag and ribbon and saying "how cute"!! But they are REALLY cute!!!

Hope you enjoy and thanks GW for the idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment